Check out our exciting employment opportunities
METEC is a 501 (c)(3) organization. METEC exists to empowering individuals to improve their financial well-being through homeownership, housing counseling, credit counseling, employment, and free tax preparation.
Title: Housing Counselor
Salary Range: $25,000 – $35,000
Immediate Supervisor: METEC Executive Director
Education Requirement: B.A. or at least two years’ experience in relevant housing counseling field and/or civil rights.
Skill Requirements: Ability to implement goals of METEC Resource Center. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to relate comfortable to individuals of different racial/ethnic, economic and cultural background. Perform functions related to client service. Maintain record keeping systems of METEC. Ability to multi-task and timely complete projects tasks under pressure. Team player. Conduct and coordinate outreach activities. Computer literacy with a variety of basic office programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and others. Competency in use of basic office technology, including phone, copy machines, fax, emailing, scanners, printers and other. Demonstrated commitment to fair housing and civil rights.
Job Responsibilities: The Housing Counselor is a member of METEC staff whose primary responsibility is Housing and Financial Counseling according to client’s needs. As a member of METEC, the Housing Counselor follows METEC mission, goals, office protocols and procedure.
The primary responsibly of the Housing Counselor are to provide direct counseling services to homeowners and/or potential homeowners in the Peoria, IL area, with a focus on impacted homeowners and members of protected classes under the Fair Housing Act. These responsibilities include:
· Conduct new client intake and accept referrals from coordinating service providers.
· Provide relevant referrals to those homeowners who METEC cannot assist.
· Provide counseling in the fields of mortgage default and delinquency, foreclosure prevention, predatory lending, home purchase, contracting, credit, and budgeting.
· Track cases and continue counseling until completion and resolution, unless client is uncooperative and/or fails to respond to communications from staff.
· Maintain full and accurate case files and databases for all reporting purposes.
· Safeguard all assets of METEC as well as the security and confidentiality of its clients.
· Work as a team member and support the mission and goal of METEC.
· Represent METEC consistently and effectively in a professional and exception manner.
· Represent METEC in relevant public forum as needed.