METEC Resource Center is committed to assuring the privacy of individuals and/or families who have contacted us for assistance. We realize that the concerns you bring to us are highly personal in nature. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your “nonpublic personal information,” such as your total debt information, income, living expenses and personal information concerning your financial circumstances, will be provided to creditors, program monitors, and others only with your authorization .
Types of information that we gather about you
Information we receive from you orally, on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage; and
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
You may opt-out of certain disclosures
- You have the opportunity to “opt-out” of disclosures of your nonpublic personal information to third parties (such as your creditors), that is, direct us not to make those disclosures.
- If you choose to “opt-out”, we will not be able to answer questions from your creditors. If at any time, you wish to change your decision with regard to your “opt-out”, you may call us at 309 676-3832 and do so.
Release of your information to third parties
- So long as you have not opted-out, we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect, as described above, to your creditors or third parties where we have determined that it would be helpful to you, would aid us in coaching/counseling you, or is a requirement of grant awards which make our services possible.
- Within the organization, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.